Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
Tired of grabbing fast food for breakfast? Want something that you can take with you without having to take more containers to work? This is the meal for you. It's fresh! It's not greasy, and you know it didn't come from the freezer! Made this one morning after seeing someone at a local cafe make it. Looked easy enough and thought I'd try it. Now it's something I make and can eat on the go to work.
- 2 eggs
- 59.14 ml milk
- 1 slice Canadian bacon
- 1 slice tomatoes
- 1 slice cheddar cheese
- 2 slice whole wheat bread
- In a small bowl scramble the eggs and add a small amount of milk, probably less than the 1/4 that I listed.
- Using a non-stick spray, coat a square tupperware container. About the size of a sandwich.
- Place the egg mixture into the square tupperware container. Set in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Once egg is cooked take out and flip over onto one of the bread slices.
- Next place your meat, cheese, and tomato ontop of the egg. Put other bread slice on and set on the grill until the cheese is melted and the bread is golden brown.
- You may also use a panini press. You may also use your choise of bread, cheese and meats as well. Enjoy!
I still had my GF grill out from last night's dinner, and thought I would give this a try. Did cook an egg in the microwave and made some regular bacon. I used some colby cheese and a few slices of avocado. Browned up very fast! Interesting no butter needed for the bread. Will be using this again - thanks!
Great idea! I made this for a simple dinner, and my son requested it the next morning for breakfast. Used Canadian bacon, but a slice of deli ham or bacon would work just as well. I made scrambled eggs in a skillet instead of using the microwave directions in the recipe. Worked great! Would suggest adding a little salt and pepper to the eggs. The Foreman grill does mash everything down so it doesn't fall out. Oh, and some of us added salsa for a little more spice. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
This was TASTY! Super easy to make and filled with flavour. My fiancé polished this off quickly! I served it for brunch at the weekend and it was just perfect!