Recipe by Cooking Creation
This pasta dish is warm, creamy and perfect for a busy weeknight.
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
This was incredibly delicious! I used chicken tenderloin, which I diced up, and a drained 14.5 oz. can of diced fire-roasted tomatoes for the tomato. The flavor was over-the-top and the gemelli is the perfect pasta for this sauce. I will definitely be making this again. Made for Fall PAC 2012.
- 1⁄2 lb chicken breast, boneless and skinless cut bite-size
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup onion, julienne cut
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, julienne cut
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, julienne cut
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pinch cayenne (to taste)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces gemelli pasta, cooked and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and brown on all sides. Remove chicken with a slotted spoon and set aside. In the same skillet, add the onion, carrot and bell pepper. Cook and stir until soft, about 8 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute longer.
- Pour in the heavy cream. Stir in the tomato, tomato paste and Parmesan. Add the basil and sugar. Bring the mixture to a boil. Season with cayenne, salt and pepper, to taste. Add the chicken and reduce heat to low. Cover and cook until the chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Once chicken is cooked through, stir in the Gemelli pasta.
- Serve and enjoy!