Recipe by daisygrl64
A great meal on its own. Fresh greens with tomato, avocado and cucumber with a refreshing olive oil and balsamic vinegar dressing makes this salad fancy enough to serve to your guests. If you like a wetter salad just double up on the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and salsa. From TOH
Top Review by *Parsley*
The perfect summer salad! A no-cook meal in one! I loved the cool flavors and the avocado and fresh cilantro. I added some sliced onion but otherwise stuck to the recipe. The bigger the shrimp, the better! Thanx for posting!
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, washed, unpeeled and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chunky salsa
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 ounces cooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- combine salad greens, tomato, avocado and cucumber in a large bowl.
- combine salsa, balsamic vinegar, garlic and olive oil in a small bowl.
- add salt and black pepper if desired
- add dressing to salad greens and toss well.
- transfer to salad plates, top salads with shrimp.
- sprinkle with cilantro.