Recipe by GoKittenGo
Oh, these are evil. Potato chips are unhealthy enough, but slathering them with butter? Perfection! I located this in The Best American Recipes 2003/2004 edition. Be sure to use thick cut potato chips - - ordinary ones won't hold up as well. Prep and cook times are approximate, and don't include time to soften the butter.
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened (salted or unsalted, your choice)
- 4 -7 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (10 ounce) bagthick cut potato chips
- salt (optional)
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
- Melt one tablespoon of the butter in a small skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until it's softened but not browned- about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and cool.
- Whip the remaining four tablespoons butter until fluffy, fold in cooked garlic.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- (Be careful with the salt, as the chips might have a lot of their own.) Gently toss the garlic butter with the chips in a large bowl.
- Arrange chips in a single layer on a baking sheet (I line mine with baking parchment).
- Bake until fragrant and golden, about 4 to 7 minutes.
- (Watch them carefully- they'll burn quickly.) Serve hot.