Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
This dinner party-worthy dish is a snap to make, simply toss together grilled sweet peppers, garlic, cayenne pepper, and jumbo shrimp.
- 1 (9 ounce) packagerefrigerated spinach fettuccine
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 small bell peppers (red, green, yellow, or orange , seeded and cut in strips)
- 2 medium onions, cut in thin wedges
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 lb peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and return to pan.
- Toss with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, set aside and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in skillet heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Stir in peppers, onions, and garlic, stir-fry 4 to 6 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Add shrimp and cayenne pepper.
- Cook 2 to 3 minutes more or until shrimp are opaque, stirring occasionally. Serve over pasta. .
Great quick and delicious meal! I made half the recipe and used a green and an orange pepper. I was generous with the cayenne and loved it with all that garlic. Served over fresh spinach pasta and really enjoyed - thanks for sharing the recipe!
This was tasty and simple to make. I used 1 green, 1 red, and 1 yellow pepper. Instead of fettucine, I served this over brown rice for a healthy dinner. Thanks for posting this. Made for PRMR Tag Game.