1/4 Photos of Garlic Zucchini Damper Bread
1 hr 15 mins
I have enjoyed Australian damper bread in the past because it is tasty and easy enough to make up for my lack of baking skills. This morning I fancied bread and I also had a zucchini that needed using up. So, I tried this mixture out and it turned out pretty good. The cooking time includes the dough resting time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded
- 3 1/2 cups self rising flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, soft
- 3/4 cup nonfat milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (I grate mine with a microplane)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon parmesan cheese
- 1Heat the oil in sauce pan and add shredded zucchini.
- 2Cook, stirring constantly, just a couple of minutes until the zucchini is softened.
- 3Put the flour and butter into a large bowl.
- 4Work the butter through the flour with your fingers until fully combined.
- 5Add in the rest of the ingredients apart from the last teaspoon of melted butter and 1/2 teaspoon Parmesan cheese.
- 6Combine until it comes together as a dough.
- 7Tip out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for a couple minutes not over working too much.
- 8Form into a large ball and either cover in a clean dish towel or wrap in plastic wrap. Let it rest for 30 minutes.
- 9Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 10Spread the melted butter over the top and dust with reserved cheese.
- 11Put on baking tray and bake for 25 to 30 or until the top has turned a light golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Zucchini Damper Bread
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 329.5
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 14.0 mg
- Sodium 1027.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 9.4 g