Recipe by Moody
This is a Pol Martin recipe.
Top Review by mianbao
I thought this dressing was very nice. I have just enjoyed it on a fresh vegetable salad, and am looking forward to using it often in the future. I did use sweet red onion instead of shallots, which are difficult for me to find. I didn't change anything else. Thank you very much for expanding my dressing repertoire.
- 4 clove garlic
- 14.79 ml Dijon mustard
- 2 shallots, peeled & chopped
- 59.14 ml balsamic vinegar
- 177.44 ml olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Blanch garlic cloves in salted, boiling water for four minutes, then peel& puree.
- (Or you could try using roasted garlic- just make sure you don't boil it!) Whisk everything except lemon juice together until thick.
- Add lemon juice, and whisk again.
- You can use a different mustard base, like honey mustard, or a spicy raspberry mustard.
- You can use red or white wine in place of the vinegar.
- You can also use a different juice, in place of the lemon, like orange, or lime.