Prep 2 mins
Cook 3 mins
Adapted from a Thai peanut sauce recipe for a friend who was allergic. Added cornstarch to thicken, in place of 1/4C peanut butter, and ginger/honey vinegar for zip.
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar (Used Honey/ginger flavor, but any will do)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Dissolve cornstarch in equal amount of water.
- Add all ingredients to a small saucepan and heat, stirring constantly until slightly thickened.
- It will gel more as it cools.
- Serve on stir-frys, salads or to liven up white rice.
this was really good. i actually had no constarch and took a risk and used w/w flour(thats all i had). it still turned out wonderfull. thanks for posting!
Personally I loved this recipe and will have fun playing around with it. I used the cornstarch last night, but next time I'll try with peanut butter instead. Also, I thought "what the heck" and used basalmic vinegar; I wouldn't recommend it and will use something different next time.