Kittencal's Honey Garlic Sauce
photo by Chef Luny
- Ready In:
2 cups (approx)
- In a bowl whisk together the chicken broth with cornstarch until smooth and no lumps remain.
- Add in honey, soy sauce, vinegar and brown sugar; whisk vigorously until well combined.
- In a medium saucepan heat oil over medium-low heat.
- Add in garlic and chili flakes (if using) cook stirring until softened (about 2 minutes, do not brown the garlic).
- Whisk in cornstarch mixture; bring to a simmer stirring constantly and cook until the sauce is slightly thickened (about 3-4 minutes).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Out of Honey Garlic sauce from a jar i came looking for a substitute and it's Kittencal to the rescue (again!!) . This was perfect to simmer leftover dry roast beef in. Made as written but subbed beef broth for the chicken, subbed dark corn syrup for the honey (that's what i had) and omitted the cornstarch (didn't have any) Served over rice, will make again and again. Very quick, very easy, very tasty.