Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I had some tenderloin that needed cooking so I decided to use the same recipe thatI use on my roast potatoes......it turned out great!
- 2 lbs pork tenderloin (in two 1 lb pieces)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb potato, diced
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb carrot, sliced
- 6 large garlic cloves
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1⁄2-1 cup cooking oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Rinse tenderloin and pat dry. Place into large casserole dish.
- Dice potatoes into approximately 1 inch cubes. Set aside.
- Slice carrots into 1/2-3/4 inch slices. Set aside.
- Using garlic press, crush all 6 cloves of garlic into a large bowl. Add onion, rosemary and oil. (Amount of oil depends on how large you cut vegetable pieces.) Stir well to combine all ingredients evenly.
- Spoon approximately 1/4 cup of garlic mixture over tenderloins.
- Add vegetables to remaining garlic mixture and stir well, coating all vegetables evenly. Spoon vegetables into casserole dish around tenderloins.
- Pour any remaining garlic mixture over tenderloins and vegetables.
- Place casserole dish, uncovered into oven. Cook for 30-40 minutes, stirring vegetables occasionally.
- The more you stir the vegetables, the crispier they will be. For a softer vegetable, only stir at the 25-30 minute mark.
I fixed this meal last week and it was a hit. The only thing that I will do different is that I'm going to cook it in a large skillet. I think that it will taste just as good, except that it will give me a chance to make a light gravy for it. We really enjoed it and will definately cook it again.
OUTSTANDING!!!!! Made this today and it was so moist and tender. I had baby carrots and tiny new potatoes and just quartered them all. Even my 9 year old came back for seconds. And it was so easy to put together. This is a keeper in this house. Thanks
This was delicious - I used less oil and added salt, and we loved it.