Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
- 4 whole chicken legs with thigh (unsplit)
- 4 fluid ounces extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 -6 cloves fresh garlic (thinly sliced)
- salt and pepper
- 10 -12 new baby potatoes (quartered)
- 6 -8 large shallots
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Wash chicken and potatoes and towel dry.
- In a small bowl, mix together 4 fluid ounces olive oil, rosemary and thyme.
- Place unsplit chicken legs into a baking dish and generously brush both sides with the olive oil mixture to marinate allow to marinate as long as you like.
- Sprinkle thin slices of garlic over chicken and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut potatoes into quarters and peel shallots.
- Combine potatoes and shallots in small baking dish.
- Add 3 tablespoons olive oil and stir together to coat thoroughly.
- Sprinkle caraway seeds over and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake chicken and potatoes for 1 hour, occasionally stirring potatoes.