Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Great tasting oven fries.
- 2 lbs small russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- fresh ground white pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss the potatoes with the olive oil.
- Spread in a roasting pan and roast for 45 to 50 minutes, tossing occasionally, until cooked through and golden brown.
- Just before the potatoes have finished roasting, melt the butter in a small saute pan.
- Add the garlic and saute over medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes, until garlic begins to soften.
- Set aside.
- Transfer the potatoes to a large serving bowl and drizzle the garlic and butter over them.
- Season generously with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- Keep warm until ready to serve.
These are absolutely delish! They are so garlic-y and full of flavor! I did toss the fries with the garlic butter and baked them an additional 5 min.. These would also be good to grate some fresh parmesan over top right before serving. So yum! I did use this recipe as a base recipe for some loaded fries. I wanted them to be like our favorite restaurants version. So I loaded them with cheddar cheese, bacon, bbq sauce, ranch and sliced green onions. But these are absolutely delicious by themselves. Thank you for the recipe!!
Super good! No ketchup needed. : ) Thanks for posting the recipe!
Yum! Need I say more?! I had 3 large russets that I needed to use up, so I made these as a side tonight to go with Apple-Bourbon Country-Style Pork Ribs, Slow Cooker. The cooking method is exactly how I make oven fries (only I use garlic powder and kosher salt while they bake). I never thought to use minced garlic in butter on them. I did leave the skins on because we like them like that. I'm so happy that I stumbled upon your recipe. I like your "fresh" garlic approach to these fries. Great idea! I will definitely make them this way again. Thank you for posting.