This muffin makes a perfect bread accompaniment for steaks and roast. The recipe comes from " A taste of Cuba" and was sent to me.
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- In a small bowl, mix together egg, milk, garlic and onion.
- Make a well in the center of dry ingredients and pour in the egg mixture and melted butter.
- Mix together using as few strokes as possible.
- DO NOT OVER BEAT--the batter should have small lumps in it.
- Pour into 12 paper-lined muffins tins, filling about 2/3 full.
- Bake 20 minutes or until muffins begin to turn golden on top.
- Test for doneness with a toothpick which should come out clean.
- Remove from tins and cool slightly before serving.
I have made these twice in the last 2 weeks to accompany dinner. Very tasty and easy to put together. I added extra garlic and used green onion. Just the right amount of sweet and savoury. Thanks for the recipe. Catherine
Yum, these were wonderful. I added a heaping tablespoon of mayo to the batter and they were moist and delicious! Thanks!
These muffins REALLy do live up to all the hype! The outside was nice a crispy and the insides tender and tasty! I also enjoyed the ease of preparation. I made exactly to directions but sprinkled the top with a garlic bread seasoning. I served the with a soup for dinner on a snowy night and they were perfect. Thanks Jude for sharing this great recipe! A definite must try for all!