Prep 24 hrs
Cook 1 hr
Here's a dish for all the garlic lovers -- and olive lovers -- here at Recipezaar! Prep time includes overnight marinating.
- 12 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 head garlic, separated into cloves
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup sliced dried apricot
- 1⁄2 cup pitted spanish green olives, halved
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato, slivered (the kind packed in oil)
- 4 bay leaves
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley (substitute cilantro for a different taste)
- The night before, place the chicken breasts in a single layer in a large baking dish.
- Peel and finely mince the garlic cloves, and place them in a bowl.
- Add the spices, vinegar, oil, sliced apricots, olives, tomatoes and the bay leaves to the bowl; whisk together and pour over chicken.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- About an hour before dinner, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove chicken from fridge, remove cover, and sprinkle brown sugar over breasts.
- Pour the wine around the breasts, then bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour, basting every 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, garnish with the parsley, and serve immediately.
I can't believe I'm the first person to rate this wonderful dish! You guys out there don't know what you are missing. I LOVED IT! I did do a little tweaking (who doesn't)..cut olive oil and brown sugar both to 1/4 cup, diced the apricots, and microplaned the garlic(watch your fingers!) I prepared the nite before and was able to make the other parts of my dinner ahead also. I served with Pommes de Terre au Lait #69848 (fancy sounding,but really easy to make) and Orange-buttered Brussels Sprouts #121052. Made a simple salad of sliced tomatoes and lettuce with a light lemon dressing. Did not even serve any type of bread and it was not even missed! Thanks for a great main dish that will be repeated many times in this household.