Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Taken from The Best International Recipe, posted for safekeeping. Extra-virgin olive oil is too strong; if you do not have regular olive oil, use equal parts extra-virgin olive oil and vegetable oil. Ground black pepper may be substituted for the black pepper, but white is not visible. Spread on sandwiches or dip with crudites.
- 2 large egg yolks
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sugar
- white pepper
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- Process the yolk, lemon juice, garlic, sugar, 1/4 teaspoons salt and 1/8 teaspoons pepper together in food processor until combined, about 10 seconds.
- With machine running, gradually add the oil through the feed tube in a slow steady stream, about 30 seconds.
- Scrape down sides of bowl with rubber spatula and process for 5 more seconds.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste - can be refrigerated in airtight container for up to 3 days.