This recipe was featured in an email from the www.sparkrecipes.com website. Submitted by ANITAWPG - "A great side dish that will accompany any main course OR terrific as a main dish all on it's own."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and quartered
- 8 ounces butternut squash, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 medium turnip, peeled and cut into chunks
- 5 medium garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/8 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1/2 cup fat-free chicken broth, warmed
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- 1Place potatoes, carrots, squash, turnip and garlic into a saucepan and cover with water.
- 2Add 1/8 teaspoon salt, cover and bring to a boil.
- 3Simmer until vegetables are tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
- 4Drain well and mash vegetables.
- 5Stir in sour cream and chicken broth, season to taste with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Mashed Root Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 99.7
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.9 mg
- Sodium 130.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 2.9 g