Recipe by Chef Buggsy Mate
These mashed potatoes are rich and creamy...no need to add butter or gravy here.
Top Review by Baby Kato
Wow, Chef Buggsy Mate, wow. I loved these beautiful tasty potatoes, they were light and fluffy. My garlic hating dh even enjoyed them. They were perfect, quick and easy to make, with a lovely flavor from the garlic, butter and parmesan cheese. I used parmesan flakes for an extra decadent treat. Seasoned with coarse sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, they were the bomb. I could have eaten them alone for dinner, they were that good. Thanks so much for sharing a new family favorite, again. I have added these to my Favorites Cookbook for 2012. Kudos.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs red potatoes, quartered
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk, warmed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes and garlic in a large pot and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil then cover and reduce heat.
- Simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Drain well, then return potatoes to the pot.
- Add the butter, milk and salt and mash well. Stir in Parmesan cheese.