Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is great as a side with grilled steaks. It is very rich, so we don't have it often and save it for special occasions.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup corn
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon saffron thread
- 1 3⁄4 lbs russet potatoes, 1-inch pieces
- Heat oil in heavy medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion; sauté 5 minutes.
- Add corn and garlic; sauté until onion is golden and corn is tender, about 5 minutes longer.
- Add cream, butter and saffron.
- Bring to boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Cover; let stand 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook potatoes in large pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Transfer to large bowl.
- Mash until smooth.
- Stir in corn mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Wow, were these potatoes awesome. We loved them, all the flavors blended beautifully together. The texture was perfect and the flavor was out of this world. Made exactly as written, they were quick and easy to make. I made these for the Fearless Red Dragons - ZWT8 - Family Picks Round.
These mashed potatoes have a lot of different flavors. They go well together. I love the corn in them. But somehow I think I would have prefered to brown the onion, garlic, corn in butter instead of olive oil. Cause in the mashed potatoes I tasted the olive oil. Butter would taste better. I used frozen corn, that I thawed and steamed. Thanks lazyme :) Made for Photo tag game
My little girl says this is slammin, jammin awesome! She loved this. We also enjoyed it alot. The mashed potatoes and garlicky corn flavors go so well together. I'm keeping this one to make again. Thanks, lazyme! Made for Adopt-a-tag.