Recipe by csevel
Seafood Scallop Recipe
Top Review by Nonnie4Two
With scallops begging to be made, I thought I'd try something new. The name really caught my eye, because I love scampi (and the more garlic the better), but this just didn't hit the right notes for me. I barely tasted the garlic and the topping was a soggy mess at the end of the baking time.
- 1 lb sea scallops (small or large)
- 1⁄2 cup real butter, more if desired
- 2 garlic cloves, to taste (I use 2 cloves)
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- lemon wedge
Directions See How It's Made
- In a frying pan melt butter.
- Add crushed or minced garlic and saute.
- Add Bread crumbs to mixture and toss till coated with butter.
- Put scallops into a shallow augratin baking dish.
- Top with the bread-crumb mixture.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and pepper.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Serve with lemon wedges and mashed potatoes. I serve over angel hair pasta. Wonderful!