Simply Delicious Simple Shrimp Tomato Scampi
photo by mojo22l
- Ready In:
- 1 lb medium to large shrimp, peeled, deveined, tail off
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄3 cup chopped garlic
- 1⁄3 cup chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 cup chopped tomato
- 4 tablespoons capers
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tony chachers creole seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon anchovy paste
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3⁄4 lb linguine
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Prepare your shrimp - peeled, deveined, tails off, rinse under cool water and then pat dry with a cloth or paper towel. Set aside in a bowl. Prepare your pot with water for cooking your linguini, I use 1 tablespoon oil and 1/4 teaspoon of salt, turn the heat up to medium and let it warm up as you continue with the sauce preparation, you will actually cook the pasta a little later on so it's not overcooked.
- Chop your garlic fine or use the chopped garlic in the jar. Chop your tomato into small pieces. Chop your parsley fine.
- In a saute' pan turn your heat to medium and add 1/2 cup olive oil, butter, tomato, garlic, parsley, capers, lemon juice, tomato sauce, anchovy paste, Tony Cachers. Cook 7 minutes stir occasionally and then reduce the heat to low.
- In a separate pan add 3 tablespoons olive oil and turn the heat to high, when the oil just starts to smoke add your shrimp be careful for splatter! keep the shrimp moving, I like to flip them in the pan or you can use tongs, cook them just until they get a little brown color on them, around 2 minutes -- 75% cooked. Remove them from the pan and cover them in a bowl.
- OK you can get the pasta water boiling now and add your linguini stir occasionally. Turn your sauce pan up to medium and add your shrimp and mix well coating all the shrimp, cook for around 5 minutes on medium then reduce the heat to med-low. Cook the pasta to your liking, I like it al dente, I keep taking a piece out of the pot and checking it -- don't cook it too much you can lower the heat a little and it will continue to cook.
- When the pasta is cooked pour it out into a strainer and shake it up a bit to remove access water, return it to the pot and add your shrimp and sauce and mix it up bringing the bottom to the top a couple of times.
- Pour the pasta out into a large serving bowl and sprinkle with some parsley. You and your guest can add some cheese as you like -- ENJOY!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!