Prep 1 hr
Cook 45 mins
Make and share this Garlic-Herb Make-Ahead Mashed Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 8 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 garlic cloves
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages boursin cheese (or other garlic-herb cream cheese)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh chives
- fresh ground black pepper
- Boil the potatoes and garlic in salted water to cover until tender; drain.
- Preheat the oven to 350° degrees; rub a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with 2 tablespoons butter.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese into the dish and tip the dish so the cheese is evenly distributed and adheres to the butter.
- Put the potatoes and garlic into a large bowl, add the sour cream, Boursin, 2 tablespoons of the remaining butter, and the chives.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the potatoes until smooth.
- Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to the prepared dish and dot with the remaining 2 tablespoons butter.
- **At this point, you can cover and refrigerate for 2-3 days or freeze for up to 1 month.
- Bring to room temperature before continuing.
- Bake the potatoes until golden, about 25 minutes; serve hot.
I served these for Christmas dinner alongside Prime Rib and it worked out well to have these ready to go in the oven once the Prime Rib came out to rest. These were tasty.