Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I was looking for a versatile compound butter that would go well with beef, chicken and seafood. This is what I came up with. Cook time is chill time.
- 1 head garlic (roasted, and cloves removed)
- 1⁄2 cup sweet creamy butter (1 stick)
- 1 lemon (zest, and juice of)
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley (minced)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Place the oil, parsley, garlic, and lemon juice/zest in a food processor. Blend ingredients on high for 20 seconds or until the garlic is completely broken up and mixed in with the oil.
- Add in the butter, two tablespoons at a time blending on low to fully incorporate all of the flavors.
- Spoon the butter out of the food processer into a bowl and fold the black pepper inches Salt to taste.
- Place the butter onto a piece of parchment paper forming the paper around the butter resembling a paper towel roll with the butter inside.
- Gently squeeze the butter until it is twice the size of a normal stick of butter but the same length. Fold in each side and tape it down or lay the butter on a dish with the ends under the butter. Chill for 2 hours before using up to a week.