Beef Tenderloins With Roquefort Compound Butter
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Anything with cheese and tenderloin steaks can't be bad, can it? This takes no time at all, for a dinner party it is wonderful!
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 2 ounces crumbled Roquefort cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 6 beef tenderloin steaks, about 1-inch thick
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt or 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1 cup dry red wine or 1 cup low sodium beef broth
- Place 1/2 cup butter and cheese in small bowl.
- Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed.
- Stir in parsley, chives and pepper.
- Place butter mixture onto plastic food wrap; form into 4" log.
- Refrigerate until firm(about 1 hour).
- Sprinkle steaks with salt.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in 12" skillet until sizzling; add garlic for 30 seconds.
- Add steaks to garlic infused butter.
- Cook over medium-high heat 4 minutes, turning once, until brown.
- Add wine.
- Cover, and continue cooking, turning once, until steak is at desired doneness(5-10 mins).
- Meanwhile, remove butter mixture from refrigerator; let stand at least 15 minutes.
- To serve, cut butter into 6 slices; place 1 slice on center of each hot steak.
- Serve steaks with any remaining pan juices, if desired.
- TIP: To keep the butter in a tubular shape versus having one side flatten by resting on the refrigerator shelf, try this trick. Cut the tube from an empty roll of paper towels crosswise into a 4" length. Make one lengthwise cut in the tube. Place plastic wrapped butter log in cardboard tube and refrigerate. (Land O' Lakes Recipe).
- Serve with sauteed mushrooms, white baked potatoes, roasted asparagus, freshly baked bread, and red wine.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION