1/1 Photo of Garlic, Chilli and Ginger Seafood Chowder
This is a heating-up soup for cold winter nights. Fresh ginger makes it tangy and refreshing. I like the shrimps in shells. It looks more interesting and gives me the impression of eating REAL seafood:). You can substitute fish fillets and shimps with any other seafood.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb frozen fish fillet (cod, sole or whatever you have on hand)
- 12 shrimp, in shells
- 1 cup potato, peeled and diced
- 1 cup carrot, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup celery, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup sliced leek
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups hot water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1Slightly defrost fish fillets, cut them in bite-size cubes.
- 2In a large saucepan heat olive oil, add garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes and shrimps. Cook for 2 minutes, turn the shrims, add leak and celery and cook for another 3 minutes, constantly stirring.
- 3Add hot water, fish cubes, carrots, potatoes and salt. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat, add lemon juice, season with salt and/or pepper if desired. Just before serving you may add low fat cream.
- 5Serve sprinkled with chopped scallions.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic, Chilli and Ginger Seafood Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (340 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.4
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 64.1 mg
- Sodium 1327.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 20.5 g