Recipe by TajLV
I based this quick and easy stir-fry recipe on a recommendation from Trader Joe's. Quinoa (pronounced keen-wah) is a South American grain, lower in carbohydrates and higher in protein and fat than white rice.
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 20 leaves fresh basil, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts, cubed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded & thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded & thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the quinoa in the chicken broth as you would prepare rice (stovetop, microwave, or rice cooker), mixing in the basil just before serving.
- Heat oil in a wok and stir fry the chicken till browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add vegetables; stir fry 2 minutes.
- Add garlic, salt, pepper; continue to stir fry till peppers are slightly limp.
- Top the quinoa with the stir fry mixture and serve hot.