1/1 Photo of Garlic Chicken for Two
Modified from EatingWell: May/June 2012. The original recipe called for chicken drumsticks. The whole cloves of garlic turn mild and buttery when they’re simmered with chicken in a simple white wine-mustard sauce in this garlic chicken recipe for two. Serve with mashed potatoes or rice, and green beans or broccoli.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head garlic (cloves separated)
- 4 chicken thighs (about 1 1/4-1 1/2 pounds, skin removed if desired)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (divided)
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives (or scallion greens)
- 1Lightly smash garlic cloves with the side of a large knife to loosen the skins. Peel; cut the large ones in half.
- 2Sprinkle chicken with 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- 3Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until beginning to brown, about 2 minutes. Remove to a plate with a slotted spoon.
- 4Add the chicken to the pan and cook until browned on one side, about 5-6 minutes. Turn it over and return the garlic to the pan.
- 5Add wine and cook for 1 minute.
- 6Whisk broth, mustard, flour and the remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt in a small bowl.
- 7Add the mixture to the pan; bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to maintain a lively simmer.
- 8Cover and cook until the chicken is cooked through and the garlic is tender, 10-11 minutes.
- 9Serve the chicken with the sauce, sprinkled with chives (or scallion greens).
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Chicken for Two
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 566.1
- Calories from Fat 355
- Total Fat 39.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 157.9 mg
- Sodium 486.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 35.9 g