Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
These croûtes are a wonderful accompaniment to Onion or Garlic Soups. Simply place in the bottom of the bowl and spoon the ingredients on top. This is the perfect croûte for my Garlic Soup That Cures What Ails You (aka Hangover Soup)Garlic Soup That Cures What Ails You (Aka Hangover Soup).
- 1 loaf good French bread (try it with French Country Bread French Country Bread)
- 118.32 ml butter, softened
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and put through a garlic press
- 177.44 ml freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the broiler.
- Slice the bread into 16 fat slices. Lay the slices out on a baking sheet.
- Combine the butter and garlic. Spread each slice of bread with the garlic butter and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Place the baking sheet under the broiler until the slices are lightly browned, 3 to 5 minutes.
These are great on their own or in Garlic Soup That Cures What Ails You (Aka Hangover Soup). Thanks NcM
I made these to go with your Hangover Soup and they are wonderful. The bread didn't last as long as the soup, we couldn't keep out of them! I'll make these again to go with other family favorites. A+++
I made this with a nice bowl of French Onion soup in mind. I had shredded parmesan on hand and fresh jumbo garlic from the Farmer's Market. It smelled, and tasted so wonderful that we never had the soup, we just snacked on the bread! Thanks for sharing. Nick's Mom