Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This dish wonderfully delicious and surprisingly quick and easy to make.
- 3 large red onions (900g)
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons coarsley chopped fresh sage
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped coarsley
- 4 racks of lamb (4 cutlets each)
- Preheat oven to hot.
- Halve the onions then slice into thin wedges; place in large baking dish with half the oil.
- Combine remaining oil in a small bowl with sage and garlic.
- Using hands, press sage mixture all over lamb; place lamb on onions.
- Roast, uncovered, in hot oven for about 25 minutes or until lamb is browned all over and cooked as desired.
- Cover with foil; stand for 10 minutes.
Mmmmmmm wonderfull!! Saturday night company dinner with rave reviews! Cooked to medium rare, about 20 minutes. And the onions were a rare treat. Have to admit I doubled the garlic. We will be making this again, thanks for sharing.