Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
Make and share this Garlic and Rosemary Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- 500 g penne pasta
- 6 crushed garlic cloves
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 fresh rosemary sprigs, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta as per packet instructions (if dried usually 8 – 11 minutes).
- While the pasta is cooking, get a large frying pan, heat the olive oil, add the garlic and finely chopped rosemary, season with a little salt and pepper and fry for 2-3 minutes over a medium heat until the garlic is slightly golden in colour.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the frying pan, mix the pasta, garlic and rosemary well until all pasta is well coated.
- Add a tablespoon of butter, quick stir again, serve immediately.
I found this to be a great base recipe! I wanted to use the gnocchi potato pasta I had, and add more vegetables and a meat in order to increase nutritional value (unless the amount of oil already defeats that purpose...). So, I added 1 small red onion (finely chopped), 1 cup of butternut squash (1/2 inch dice), 1/2 a small lean ham kielbasa sausage (cut in half length wise and thinly sliced), 1/4 tsp sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste. I would have added 1/4 cup of chopped pecans if I had them on hand, maybe another time.
Yummy! I made it with mixed cheese tortellini
Made this tonight for dinner and served this with Seared Scallops /W Grilled Corn & Scallion Salad#381760. I served this over cheese tortellini. This was fabulous and definately a keeper. I topped it with chopped chives and parmesan cheese grated. Thank you! Made for French Forum-- Rosemary.