Homemade Rosemary Chicken Ravioli
photo by Chef floWer
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 lb ground chicken, cooked (I have used a deli chicken de-boned and run through the processor)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- salt and pepper
- 2 eggs (can use egg substitute)
- 2 -3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 -2 cup semolina flour
- For filling, place all ingredients in a blender or food processor, blending into a paste. Add broth, milk, or cream as needed to moisten.
- Set aside.
- Blend the eggs, water, and oil.
- In a medium bowl place white flour and 1 c semolina.
- Make a well in the center and pour in egg mixture.
- Knead about 10 times adding flour and water as needed.
- It will be a very stiff dough.
- Wrap in plastic and let rest at least 30 minutes.
- Divide in fourths.
- Roll out to setting 5 on pasta maker and form sheets 25" by 5".
- You can hand roll the dough to these specifications as well.
- If you have a ravioli press place dough on top of forms, and place 1 or 2 tsp of filling into each ravioli. With no press put two balls of filling down the dough strip at a time.
- Brush water on edges and between filling balls.
- Place A strip of dough on top and seal according to your press.
- If by hand use a roller or by hand to seal sides and cut into ravioli.
- Let them dry at least 10 minutes.
- Cook in boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Serve w/ alfredo sauce recipe #123545 .
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I followed the recipe except for using dried rosemary and thought it was delicious. For those of you who said it was bland, maybe you need to adjust the salt and pepper? Those of you who complained about the how much work this was, what were you thinking when you decided to make homemade ravioli? The directions are clear. I would definitely make this again. Next time I may try shredded rotisserie chicken.
All ravioli may take a while to prepare but this recipe was so easy to follow and it made it worth the effort. The filling was yummy and the dough worked out perfectly with the excellent instructions. The only thing I did different was I used the egg substitute as recommended by homegirl. Thank you homegirl.