Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe comes from the internet & was found on allrecipes.com. Preparation time does not include the 8 hours or so for the mixture to chill.
- 1⁄4 lb butter, room temperature
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a bowl, mix together all the ingredients, until evenly combined.
- Cover & chill in the refrigerator up to 8 hours. [Can be frozen, if desired.] Great as an appetizer spread or as a filler for sandwiches!
I love this as a spread for crackers and also as a dressing. I use buttermilk and a little bit of mayo to thicken. Delicious!
Sure did enjoy this cheesy spread! I did reduce by half, tho now I'm sorry for that! I used this to make Alouette French Bread, which was just lovely! I also served as a spread, with different dippers (including crostini, Ritz crackers, cheese straws, and rice crisps) and it was really good also. Thanks so much for sharing, Sydney Mike!
Love love love this!!!!