Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a traditional Greek Island dish.
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 cups tomatoes, chopped and peeled
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 2 lbs large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Saute onion in oil until transparent.
- Stir in green onions and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 more minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, wine, parsley, oregano, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover, and simmer gently for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Spread half the sauce on the bottom of a large oven dish.
- Arrange shrimp evenly over sauce, and pour the remaining sauce on top. Sprinkle with feta cheese.
- Cook in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes, until shrimp are pink and the feta is melted and lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with remaining parsley, and serve immediately.