- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into bite-size squares
- peri-peri or 1/4 teaspoon chopped dried chili
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- salt & pepper
- 500 g king-size prawns, deveined, but with tails attached
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped oregano
- 75 g feta cheese, cubed
- 1. Pre-heat oven to 180C (350F). Heat oilve oil in a large frying pan over medium to high heat. Add onion and fry for 2 minutes, then add bell pepper and fry another 2 - 3 minutes or until starting to soften.
- 2. Add tomatoes, peri-peri and wine and season to taste with salt and pepper. Bring to boiling point, cover and reduce heat. Cook for 15 minutes, then remove lid and cook another 5 minutes over medium heat to evaporate most of the liquid and allow the sauce to thicken.
- 3. Toss prawns and herbs through, then spoon into an oven dish. Dot with feta and bake at 180C (350F) for 25 - 30 minutes.
- Serve with orzo or crusty bread, and simply sauteed veggies or a fresh salad.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!