Recipe by Gingerbee
This is a simple veggie sauce; low on calories and big on taste! Fast and easy to make.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil (sliced into thin strips)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon honey
- 2 small zucchini (thinly sliced)
- 1 medium carrot (grated)
- 5 ounces asparagus spears, cut into 1/2 " pieces (about one cup)
- 3 ounces fresh mushrooms (sliced thin)
- hot cooked pasta (, angel hair)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine undrained tomatoes, tomato paste, basil and honey.
- Bring to boil and reduce heat.
- Simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Add squash, asapargus, mushrooms and carrot.
- Cook covered for 5- 7 minutes until veggies are tender.
- Season with salt/pepper to taste.
- *Sprinkleon your favorite cheese and enjoy.