Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A bounty from the garden makes a delicious pasta dinner!
- 1 (16 ounce) package spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium carrots, sliced (1/4 cup)
- 1 medium onion, diced (1/2 cup)
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices (4 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup frozen green pea, thawed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves or 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook and drain spaghetti as directed on package.
- While spaghetti is cooking, heat oil in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Cook carrots, onion, zucchini and garlic in oil, stirring frequently, until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except cheese; cook until hot.
- Serve vegetable mixture over spaghetti. Sprinkle with cheese.
I made this recipe last night and it was so easy! I made the following substitutions: 1) Hubby and I aren't big carrot fans, so I used frozen corn. 2) I used 1/2 c frozen chopped onion because all the fresh ones in my supermarket looked very sad. 3) I used four Roma tomatoes instead of three "regular" tomatoes. 4) I used one squash and one zucchini instead of two zucchini. My only complaint is that without sauce, I found the pasta to be a little bland. Hubby liked it, though. Next time, once I've finished cooking the veggies, I plan on adding a bit more oil and garlic to the pan and tossing the pasta in it for a minute or two.