Recipe by cherij22
This was a life saver for me when I started Weight Watchers. It's really good and with 2 slices WW wheat bread(only adds 1 point) It was quite filling. I got the recipe from the first week book of Weight Watchers.
Top Review by Bonnie G #2
Very nice recipe Cherij, as you said it's a life saver now that I'm trying to follow WW. Easy to put together too with nice blend of flavors. I separated into 1 cup servings, froze and when ever needed a little something would pull it out and heat in the microwave. Thanks for posting.
- 158.51 ml carrot, sliced
- 118.29 ml diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 709.77 ml reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 118.29 ml green beans
- 14.79 ml tomato paste
- 2.46 ml dried basil
- 1.23 ml dried oregano
- 1.23 ml salt
- 118.29 ml fresh zucchini, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a large saucepan with nonstick cooking spray, heat.
- Saute' the carrot, onion, garlic over low heat until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add broth, beans, tomato paste, basil, oregano, and salt; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, simmer, covered, about 15 minutes or until beans are tender.
- Stir in the zucchini and heat for 3-4 minutes. Serve hot.
- You can add in 1 1/2 cups diced green cabbage also, I personally do not like cabbage to I omit that ingredient.