Recipe by s. anne
I wanted to create a great vegetable soup that I could make at home. I love Panera Bread's 'Garden Vegetable', so I decided to use that as inspiration for my own recipe and it turned out even better!
Top Review by Dev3322
Delicious, nutritious, easy to make, and comforting. What more could you ask from soup? For a slight variation, I use diced fresh carrots instead of frozen, and about 1 cup of barley instead of semolina. I also through in any kind of fresh or frozen vegetables that I have around. Peas and green beans work well. Best served in generous portions, in your favorite mug, with crusty bread, a chunky sweater, and warm slippers.
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup small semolina pasta
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen sweet whole kernel corn
- 1 1⁄2 cups crinkle cut frozen carrots
- 5 stalks celery hearts, chopped
- 1 sliced red bell pepper
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine vegetable stock, tomato puree, and water in a large pot and stir together. leave stove hot enough for mixture to bubble a little.
- Once tomato mixture has had a chance to heat, add pasta and can of diced tomatoes (along with the juice in the can). add olive oil and garlic salt.
- Cook frozen corn and carrots in a separate pot; add to mixture when cooked.
- After all vegetables have been chopped/sliced, add to mixture.
- Let soup cook on stove for about 15-20 minutes, until all vegetables have softened and absorbed the mixture. enjoy!