Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A healthy pasta dish I threw together when I forgot to take meat out of the freezer for supper! All measurements are approximate and can be changed to your taste. I don't reccomend adding any salt because a few of the ingredients I used were salty themselves! You could use anything you have in your fridge!
- 2 cups cooked whole wheat spaghetti
- 3 -4 slices prosciutto, sliced into 1/2 inch wide strips
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli floret, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup zucchini, sliced into thin half moons
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (good quality)
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil (That's right - 1 TBSP and 1 TSP)
- 1⁄4 cup feta
- Cook whole wheat spaghetti according to package directions. Reserve some cooking water.
- Meanwhile heat a non-stick skillet to medium heat. Lay strips of prosciutto in heated pan and cook each side until slightly brown and crispy.
- Remove prosciutto from pan and place on papertowel.
- In the same skillet add 1 tsp of the olive oil and toss in onions. Saute until slightly translucent. If onions brown to quickly lower heat slightly. Once onions start to become translucent add in broccoli and red pepper and a few tsp of water and continue to stir.
- When broccoli becomes tender add in tomatoes, garlicand cooked prociuttoto skillet and contine to stir, until garlic is fragrant.
- In a small bowl mix together Tomato Paste and remaining 1 Tbsp of olive oil.
- Add cooked pasta to skillet and Tomato paste/oil mixture to pan and toss to combine anl ingrediets. If tomato paste is reluctant to mix, add a few Tbsp of pasta water until all is combined.
- Crumble feta on top toss one more time and serve.