Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Another recipe I developed over time. This is a great way to get the kids to eat veggies. It is so versatile too. You can add any fresh veggies to get a totally different meatball. If you use squash instead of cabbage you get a very succulent meatball. You can use breadcrumbs instead of oatmeal, but I use it because it is so much healthier. The best thing about this recipe is I just throw it together. I sometimes use it over noodles or rice with a sauce. These are great for leftover sandwiches!--
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 1⁄2 cup quick oatmeal
- 1⁄2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 medium bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 full cup cabbage, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Using a food processor I chop all veggies.
- Add veggies to the meat along with oatmeal or bread crumbs.
- Add egg, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Form 2 inch meatballs.
- Spray large cake pan with non-stick spray.
- Place meatballs in cake pan, keeping them seperate.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.