- Ready In:
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground turkey
- 4 cups finely chopped fresh spinach
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped mushroom
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 4 green onions, finely chopped, white and green parts (scallions)
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients.
- With dampened palms, roll the meat mixture into 24 golf-ball-sized meatballs and transfer them to a 9-by-13‑inch baking dish or a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the meatballs are cooked through.
- Serve warm or room temperature. These meatballs also freeze well.
- 2 meatballs for snack, 4 meatballs for meal.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!