Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From Southern Living.
Top Review by SarasotaCook
Lunch, well you don't even want to know I am catering for 45, making a formal lunch for Dad and cooking 30 gallons soup for the homeless. Yes, all today. Not sure how I got into to all this, but, saw the recipe this am because I had 2 pkg of boboli and wanted to try a recipe. Perfect, got eggplant, zucchini, tomato, etc at the farmers market today, so perfect. Easy quick great, lunch, about 30 minutes ago. Great simple quick recipe. I added fresh basil and thyme because I had it, and I hate, sorry, garlic powder so I used fresh. I don't think that changed anything. Great little lunch, or could be a whole dinner as well with soup or a salad. We just had the pizza, but I could easily make that dinner. Maybe some thin slices of tomato would even be good. I love tomato, but GREAT! No complaints here, all gone, happy campers. Thank you for a nice easy quick recipe, lunch or dinner.
- 1 large eggplant, peeled
- 1 medium tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 small zucchini
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 (14 ounce) package prepared pizza crust (Boboli)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Coarsely chop the first 5 ingredients.
- Saute chopped vegetables in 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over med-high heat for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Layer pizza crust evenly with cheese and eggplant mixture; sprinkle with basil and the remaining ingredients.
- Drizzle with the remaining olive oil.
- Bake in a 425° oven for 10 minutes or until golden.