Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
Tapas recipe that is very simple (from Whole Foods).
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 20 ounces garbanzo beans, drained (in jar or can)
- 1⁄2 lb sliced chorizo sausage
- salt and pepper
- In a large saute pan, heat olive oil and saute onion until golden.
- Add sliced chorizo and cook, stirring frequently to release the flavors, for approximately 1 minute.
- Add the beans and cook another 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
So simple, yet so amazing. Even my bf who doesn't like chickpeas loved it. Would highly recommend this for tapas night. Thank you.
Really great quick meal tonight! Did add a bit of fresh garlic in with the onion. Perfect for when the guys want to watch football and eat lunch! Found and made during ZWT8.
Thanks for the new recipe! We liked it, but felt like a little something was missing... I used dried chickpeas that I soaked and cooked instead of canned. Next time going to add a few herbs but this is a fun new way to serve chickpeas! Made for ZWT 8