- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 5 lbs pork shoulder, coarsely ground
- 1 lb beef chuck, coarsely ground
- 3⁄4 cup paprika
- 5 tablespoons burrito seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 cup roasted garlic (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 8 teaspoons kosher salt
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon pepper sauce (optional but recommended)
- Mix all ingredients in a container that you can refrigerate. Put in the fridge over night and mix again in the morning. Stuff into hog casings (or not). cook or grill to recommended temp (160 f ). Its easy to cut this recipe in half if you want just a little.
- Or you can sub wild game for the meat in any amount if you are a hunter.
- Just remember sausage needs a certain amount of fat for taste.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!