Recipe by DragonShoes
These are a delight. I always make enough so there's leftovers for lunch the next day. Fast and tasty. Always nice to have a new vegetarian burger to try out.
Top Review by chefdownunda
This was quite good. I described it as a very mild flavored burger with a nice nuttiness from the carrot and beans. I didn't have seasoned bread crumbs (it doesn't seem like they sell them where I'm at - in Australia), so I just used non-seasoned ones. Also, I didn't have Italian salad dressing, so I subbed in an equivalent volume of olive oil with dried Italian herbs and red wine vinegar. The flavor was nice, so this works. In terms of consistency, I found that making it as directed was a bit on the dry side for me. In my second batch, I added 3 tablespoons of olive oil which made a world of difference. The burgers become a lot more moist and tastier. Also in my second batch, I completely mashed up the chickpeas as I found the whole beans were a bit on the crunchy side for me. All in all, very nice recipe, thanks heaps!
- 453.59 g can garbanzo beans, drained
- 236.59 ml shredded carrot
- 78.07 ml seasoned bread crumbs
- 29.58 ml Italian salad dressing
- 1 egg
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 0.25 ml red pepper flakes (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mash garbanzo beans with potato masher or by hand. Leave some as slightly large pieces.
- Stir in carrots, bread crumbs, egg and salad dressing.
- Heat oil in nonstick skillet. Shape into 3-4 patties and brown on both sides. About 3 minutes on each side until browned. Garnish toasted buns and enjoy a new type burger.