Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A scout favorite for camp breakfast.
- 1 dozen egg
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 lb diced ham
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen southern style hash brown potatoes
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- In a dutch oven saute ham and onions.
- Add potatoes to ham and onions. Saute until lightly browned.
- Scramble eggs.
- Pour in dutch oven with ham, onion and potatoes, stir continuously.
- When eggs are thoroughly cooked remove from heat and top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Allow cheese to melt prior to serving.
Very good and filling for a leisurely weekend breakfast. The only change I made was to substitute green pepper for the onions. Leftovers are good reaheated in the MW the next day, too.
Made for Spring PAC 2008. This was good and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written other then I used more cheese then the recipe called for because we like lots of cheese. I also used frozen potatoes with onions and peppers so I didn't add the chopped onion. I also used olive oil instead of vegetable oil. Nice yummy breakfast that my whole family enjoyed.