For a hearty, homely meal try Alan Coxon's tasty recipe for gammon, served with a tasty cheese sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the butter in a heavy-based saucepan.
- 2Stir in the flour and cook gently, stirring, for 1-2 minutes.
- 3Gradually add in the warmed milk, stirring well as you do so. Cook, stirring, until the mixture has thickened into a white sauce.
- 4Add the nutmeg and Cheddar cheese, stirring well. Cook gently until the cheese has melted.
- 5Preheat the broiler.
- 6Broil the ham steaks until cooked on one side. Turn over the steaks.
- 7Top the uncooked side of the ham steaks with the hard-boiled egg quarters. Spoon over the cheese sauce, sprinkle with the cayenne and Parmesan and cook briefly under the broiler until glazed. Serve at once.
- 8Excess sauce can be stored away in a air-tight container for up to two days.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gammon (Ham Steak) With Egg and Cheese Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (434 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1138.1
- Calories from Fat 758
- Total Fat 84.3 g
- Saturated Fat 49.8 g
- Cholesterol 634.6 mg
- Sodium 1047.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 42.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: