Recipe by fledgling foodie
This used to be a treat for me growing up, the shrimp should be reason enough to love this recipe but the sauce is to die for.. Garlic and Chili infused olive oil with a splash of lemon and "heaven on earth" crab roe paste can be sooo good enough to drag your bread into it or a spoonful with hot rice.. The Crab paste adds another layer of flavour that compliments the tang of the lemon and the sweetness of the olive oil. You can find it at most asian supermarkets
- 1 1⁄2 lbs tiger shrimp (peeled and de-veined)
- 1 medium lemon
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tablespoon crab roe paste (Taba ng Talangka)
- 1 dash chili flakes (too taste, I added about 1/4 tsp, i like my dishes spicy)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine Shrimp, Lemon and salt. Set Aside.
- In a wok, add the olive oil, garlic and chili flakes. Set your heat to simmering or very low heat.
- Let the garlic and chili infuse into the oil for 20 minutes. It's important to keep the heat really low or the garlic will burn.
- After 20 minutes, turn up the heat to medium high and add the marinated shirmp and crab roe paste.
- Cook 2 - 3 minutes or until the shrimp's color turn pink.