Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is an adaptation of Gail Snodgrass' sloppy joes - the first sloppy joes I ever liked! Very tangy, tasty and delicious!! The best sloppy joes your family will ever eat!
- 680.38 g ground beef
- 236.59 ml ketchup
- 236.59 ml mustard
- 118.29 ml tomatoes, diced (optional)
- 1 red pepper, diced (optional)
- 1 green pepper, diced (optional)
- 2 clove garlic, minced or 2 clove garlic powder (optional)
- 14.79 ml red pepper flakes
- 14.79 ml onion powder or 59.14 ml diced fresh onion
- 4.92 ml hot sauce (I prefer Louisana Hot Sauce)
- hamburger bun
- *mayneed more as desired.
- Brown then drain ground beef.
- Add all other ingredients (except buns).
- Stir, bring to boil, cover and simmer on low for about 10 minutes.
- Keep stirring.
- Serve on hanburger buns, fixed to your preference.
- Serve with potatoes, slaw and/or a salad for a delicious, quick meal everyone loves!
Definately 5 stars - Delicious adult sloppy joe that has great flavor - I was generous with the hot sauce. - The peppers give it some crunch & the papper flakes kick it up a notch. I cut the recipe back to one serving with no problem. I took the liberty of adding a slice of light cheese for the last few minutes on the pan. I enjoyed your recipe very much - Tell Gail she is a very good sloppy Joe maker