1/2 Photos of Futo-Maki (Fat Roll)
1 hr 45 mins
This is a recipe for futo-maki (thick roll) It is my mother's favorite type of maki sushi and I make it a lot for her. Kampyo is dried gourd and can be found in most Asian markets or in the foreign foods section of the supermarket.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and soak kampyo and shitake mushrooms in water and let sit for an hour.
- 2Slice kampyo and mushrooms into pieces about 8 inches long.
- 3Place dashi stock, sugar, mirin and soy sauce, kampyo and mushrooms in a pan and simmer for around an hour.
- 4Let cool.
- 5Beat eggs and add sugar to the eggs.
- 6Make a firm omelette and cut it into long strips.
- 7Put a sheet of nori on top of a bamboo sushi mat and spread a cup of sushi rice on top of the nori.
- 8Place 1/4 of ingredients lengthwise on the rice and roll in a jelly roll fashion, pressing forward slowly and firmly to form a cylinder.
- 9Remove sushi from mat and cut into 4-6 bite sized pieces.
- 10Repeat with the rest of the nori.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Futo-Maki (Fat Roll)
Serving Size: 1 (567 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 334.1
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 105.7 mg
- Sodium 813.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 9.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: