Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is another recipe of Sandra Lee's but I have changed it a bit here and there.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup mixed fresh herbs, finely chopped (oregano, thyme, parsley etc)
FUSILLI SALAD or SIDE DISH
- 1 lb fusilli (I like rotelle) or 1 lb other spiral shaped pasta (I like rotelle)
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced fine
- 2 1⁄2 ounces sliced black olives
- 1 (12 ounce) jarsliced roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 3 ounces gorgonzola
- Place all ingredients in a jar with lid.
- Close lid tightly and shake until well blended.
- SALAD or SIDE DISH:.
- In a large pot of lightly salted water, cook pasta according to pkg directions.
- While pasta is cooking, soak red onion in ice water to mellow its flavor.
- Drain cooked pasta and place in large bowl.
- Drain onions and pat dry, add to pasta.
- Add dressing, olives, roasted peppers, red pepper flakes and gorgonzola to warm pasta and toss.
- Serve at room temperature, also, very good the following day!